Please be sure to take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions below and let us know if we can answer any additional questions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are well-versed in the leasing and property management industry on Oahu, and make many efforts to keep our staff fully educated. We follow all local, state, federal Fair Housing laws and legislation.
- What are the Cornerstone Properties office hours?
- Who do I contact if I have a maintenance request?
- When is my rent due?
- Where do I go to pay rent?
- How do I request to have pets?
- Can I break my lease?
Our office is located at the Aiea Town Square
99-080 Kauhale Street #C-17
Aiea, HI 96701
Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 4:30pm (Except for Holidays)
You can call our office at (808) 484-1211 or fax us at (808) 485-1184 and speak with a representative or leave a message outside of these hours.
Please go to the Tenant's drop-down menu and select Submit Maintenance Request and fill out the form. We will recieve it by the next business day.
Once we receive a request, a vendor will be assigned to it. They will contact you directly to schedule an appointment. If you do not hear from a vendor within 3-5 days of your request, please call and report to us that you have not been contacted. We will then follow-up with the vendor and find out what is causing the delay for your maintenance request.
If you have an emergency (fire/flooding) and it's after hours, please call or text us at 808-954-5880. Please remember to leave your name, property number, address, and contact information along with the details of your request. We will do our very best to handle the emergency, but your cooperation and complete information is very important.
Rent is due on the 1st of the month, and will be considered late after 4:30pm of the 3rd
There are multiple options for paying your rent. Please keep in mind that if your payment bounces, you will be charged a $25 nonsufficient funds fine. Make your checks/money orders/cashier’s checks payable to Cornerstone Properties.
- Mail your payment to 99-080 Kauhale St. #C-17, Aiea, HI 96701. Be sure it reaches our office before the 3rd.
- Bring your payment to the office – go to Suite C-20 where you will find a drop-box. If you have any accounting questions, please see the staff in the accounting office located at the end of the hallway.
- ACH – Direct Withdrawal Payments – You can request to set up automatic withdrawals from your bank account at any time. Please email Shanel at Shanel@cornerstonehawaii.com to request a form. Rent payments are withdrawn from your account on the 1st business day of the month.
If you bring your payment to the office during non-office hours, please put your payment in an envelope and drop it through the side of the door.
We require all requests to be in writing. Mail or email your Property Manager or their assistant your request for a pet and describe the type of pet you are planning to get. We will then review your request with the owner and accept or decline your request in writing.
You must put your request to break your lease in writing either by mail or email. Normally, we do not allow tenants to break a fixed lease. However, we will allow you to break the lease with the following conditions:
- You cooperate fully with us in finding a new tenant. This includes allowing us to show the property with no hassles with proper notification and keeping the interior tidy and clean.
- You must pay for any advertising costs involved in re-renting the property. We will start advertising when we receive the signed break lease letter and payment in the amount of $75.00 payable to Cornerstone Properties for online advertising. Additional advertising will be billed. We do not start advertising until we receive payment.
- You must pay the rental commission for re-renting the property (10% of the new monthly rental rate).
- You must pay for any lost rent. This includes vacancy. For example, if your last day is March 3, and the new tenants move in March 14, then you must pay for those 10 days. This also includes if we have to rent the unit out for less than what we are currently collecting from you.
- You must remain current with your rent, even if you move out. However, if we re-rent the unit, say on the 20th of the month, we will prorate your rent and give you a refund. You cannot use your security deposit for your last month's rent.